I have just found out that I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award. Isn’t that awesome?! I never win anything. Well, okay maybe a few times I have won at the local fair. But that usually just results in me buying a glass bowl, some river rocks, a tiny net, and some goldfish flakes. Not very thrilling.
Anyway, I would like to thank Melissa (check out her blog at http://play101.wordpress.com) for bestowing the honor of this award upon me. Thank you so much for reading my posts and following my journey. I truly love your blog. I especially love to read the stories of your children and the parenting advice is quite helpful.
As with many other blogging awards, this one comes with a few “rules” to ensure that the love continues to spread.
1. Thank and link to the person who awarded you.
2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award on to 15 new-found blogging buddies.
4. Contact those buddies, and congratulate them!
Easy as pie. For me, the journey of trying to narrow down the many blogs that I have had the pleasure of encountering was quite difficult. Ultimately I was looking for blogs that were different, funny, brilliant, outspoken, fresh, and lively. So here are my pick of blogs that have won this award:
Congratulations to all the winners! I cannot wait to see what you all think up (and write) next!
And you’ve all been waiting for it…my 7 random facts….
- I’m Filipino but know NOTHING about my culture or ethnic background. Yes, I know…it’s sad. I’m as Americanized as they come. My parents came to the United States when they were both babies. I was born in Vallejo, California, my father joined the Army when I was 2, and since then, I have been travelling across this wonderful country. I rarely see my family back in California so “Filipino Exposure” rarely happens in my life. And the funny thing is that my grandmother desperately tries to teach me Tagalog (language of the Philippines) every time I visit, but it never works. Unfortunately, I have no desire to learn, because in my opinion (God is not gonna like me for this), it’s not a pretty sounding language. Just my opinion. Oh yeah, another thing. I have nightmares of visiting the Philippines because I was told that there are cockroaches the size of birds there. Yeah. Not my kind of place.
- With that said, putting me in a room full of Asian people makes me highly uncomfortable. I know! “Who is this girl”, right? I can’t help it. Let me try and justify this madness. So, with both my father and the hubby being in the military, I have been dragged to many cities on the east coast of the U.S. I have lived in mainly the Southern states (which is why my prized possessions are my beloved cowboy boots), and there just are not that many asians around. It’s a fact. Therefore, making friends with caucasion, black, or hispanics was the norm. When I do go to visit family, and I am suddenly SURROUNDED by asians and asian culture, I feel out of place. I mean any self-respecting filipina girl in cowboy boots and sporting a southern accent would. Am I right?
- I secretly dream of singing the national anthem at a public event. Well, I guess it’s no secret now.
- I wished with all my heart that my mother had put me in dancing lessons. I envy the many ballerinas and hip hop dancers. I want swag like that. Seriously!
- I believe in spirits and ghosts. As a matter of fact, I believe in them so much that I freak myself out on a regular basis. I have a bad habit of watching a zombie movie in the dark while the hubby is not home. Never a good thing because then the power goes out, I frantically feel around for a flashlight or my cell phone, and then I’m near the verge of tears because I’m scared out of my mind.
- If I had all the money in the world, I would be a life long college student. Main reason? Because I can’t pick just ONE CAREER to work on in my life. If I had all the money, I wouldn’t have to choose!
- I’m completely in love with any dessert that contains marzipan! If I could have one last meal, it would be marzipan with a side of some chocolate covered marzipan. Yum!
Thanks to all of my fellow readers who stick by my blog and to Melissa from Play 101 for believing in it! Happy Blogging to all!🙂